Sunday, September 7, 2008

Finally some pictures!!!

Well finally I added some pics..I've been knitting up alot of things but my camera is on the frits right now so I have to take pictures when I can. Lately, I've been knitting up what we call "Bag -bags". They are bags made out of plastic bags. You just cut the bags in inch stripes and put them together and knit. You can also crochet the bag together using double crochet. I'm using my fav purple size 15 needles but I think the next one I make I'll use size 13. I can say that I've made 2 purses and a little pillow, my little nephew a hat and one bag-bag. I think this is a great way to recycle!

Yesterday my friend and I went to the local Pat Catan's and bought some white canvas shoes and decided to decorate them just for fun. I guess I had fun even though I have no artistic abilities what so ever. She does though and she spent over 3 hours designing one shoe. I realize that although I'm not new to knitting I have alot to learn and my knitting habit isn't that bad even though I did go and buy like 3 or 4 skeins of yarn but I wasn't that expensive. There are some things that I've realized about myself and knitting:



  • I don't want to knit a sweater



  • I only knit for people that appreciate and cherish my gifts



  • I love to knit anything quick(hats or purses)



  • I probably will always feel that way...lol



Am I wrong for this? So, I'll be knitting like 3 baby blankets by next year because everyone I know is pregnant. Maybe I'll even try a baby sweater or something. I found this cute kids knitting book and I think I like them better because all of the patterns are easy and I can understand them. Thanks for listening to my rant! Now the pics........








No comments: