Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I LOVE Washcloths

Okay, I really don't love them that much...I'm being totally sarcastic! I thought about knitting up a few cute washcloths/dishcloths to sell at the craft bazaar in a few weeks. I was thinking of maybe 2 wash clothes tied up with a cute ribbon and include a bar of homemade soap from Ms. V. I think it would be cute. I could also give them as gifts for Christmas. So,I searched and searched online for some cute patterns and found one that was pretty interesting that started out basically with just 4 stitches. I was initially really leery about it but I thought oh well I'll try so I did. I worked for a few hours and it was coming along really well. It was increasing slowly and basically it was a diamond shape. The only issue that I had with making washcloths is the cotton yarn. It's rough on my hands and it makes them hurt. Needless to say, I won't be doing that many washcloths because there aren't any really nice patterns available (since I'm not interested in anything intricate) and that yarn hurts my hands. I ended up binding off in the middle of the project when it was a triangle..lol. It looks nice and I'll probably sell it or keep it. Then I made another one that was way too small and it was curling around the edges. I made a border but I forgot to do it around the other edges so that washcloth is mines and I used it today. It's pretty cool but it's not as soft as I expected. Now, I'm working on a bigger washcloth that will have a nice edging that won't curl. I'll post some pics when I get this dumb camera working.

No comments: