Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Finally a finished Project

I finished a wash cloth from a pattern that I had but never used because I kinda thought it would be hard. I tried it before but I just got frustrated with it plus the cotton that i was using wasn't soft enough to use. I had a few balls of cotton that i wanted to use for a the "little black sweater" in the Stitch n Bitch book but I gave up on it..maybe another time. I had pics of it also but my camera is acting wonky so I guess I won't be able to put up a pic right now. I'm pretty sad about that one because It really didn't turn out liek it was suppose to which was a perfect diamond shape. i can't figure out what I did wrong on the pattern. I used the right needles..cotton yarn which was the most soft mercerized cotton yarn that I've felt in a long time. I think I'll be making a few more wash cloths just for fun and to give out...I might also just sell a few this summer. I really want to find a pattern that is easy that is beautiful also.I'll search Lion Brand for a few patterns also.
The pattern goes like this :
  • Cotton yarn
  • size 8 needles
Cast on 4 stitches
knit 2 rows
Knit 2 stitches, yo knit to end of row
Repeat until you have 44 stitches on the needle
K1, knit 2 tog, yo, knit 2 together, knit to end of row
Repeat until you have 4 stitches
Bind off

I'll post pics when I make another or get my camera up and running.

No comments: