Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First time for everything right?

Well, it finally happened folks....I decided to knit the socks out of the book. To my utter and absolute surprise it was easy! They are just really long in the book and the yarn that I used is way too nice (in my opinion) for it. It was made using size 6 needles and they were basic stripe pattern using three different colors. Since I had this wonderful yarn from KnitPicks, that I had yet to use I used it. I call the yarn cherry jubilee ice cream. It really looks like it or Cherry Garcia from Ben & Jerry's. I know my ice cream folks-especially the good stuff! I've only knitted one sock so far and I have plans on starting the other one soon. The pattern was basically k2 p2 all the way down until it started to decrease. I started with the k2p2 ribbing but I thought it would be cuter to make it like that then start a stockinette stitch but when it was time to decrease I realized that it called for the decreases to be in the k2p2 form. So darn, I had to start back with the k2p2 but it all worked out. I've always seen socks knitted by other people that were so intricate on these size 1 or o needles and I said "Oh hell no...I'm not knitting those things" then hear comes this pattern and I changed my mind. I knit the socks with KnitPicks Wool of the Andes yarn. Here's a pic:


The pic is blurry because my digicamera sucks! Hopefully, when I make the other sock it'll be better.
On the other hand, another first that is totally off topic....I started liking Earl Grey tea which I use to hate. I bought it offline from Stash tea along with some honey sticks. It's my absolutely fav tea right now. Since I'm at home on the computer all day for work, I sit and drink tea and knit while I listen. On another note, the washcloth that I was knitting to sell at Bazaar Bazaar is a total no go. I've also decided not to sell any and just give a few as gifts(that might change soon) The aluminum needles were the culprit I think. I really don't like them because the they make the yarn slip and slide around way too much. So my washcloth looks like it's lopsided.Oh no...I can't sell these ugly things!

No comments: